Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Visiting my best friend, Cindy, in Utah

After I came home from my trip in Hawaii, I was home for about a day and a half (enough time to un-pack, do some laundry, and re-pack), then I was off to Utah to visit my best friend for the week! I was so happy that I got lucky and found a cheap ticket to Utah. I don't get to see Cindy as much as I would like, seeing how we live 750 miles away from each other, and it was nice to be able to spend a whole week with her. Since she is going to Brazil in the beginning of July, she only worked part-time the week I was there, from 8am-noon, so we had the whole day to do something fun almost every day.

Finally finishing up the scrapbook I started for Cindy's wedding...almost a year ago!


Picnic at the Sundance Resort

The Sundance ski slopes, minus the snow 

Bridal Veil Falls 



 Cindy and I at the base of the waterfall. We got soaked in waterfall mist!


 The view of Stewart Falls from the tiny little trail we ventured through


Cindy and me at the base of Stewart Falls. After just hiking 2 miles through the forest in 90+ degree weather, the base of the waterfall was still covered in snow! It was so cool!


An "snow cave" make by the running down of melting snow from above. Behind us is the river running down from the waterfall. It felt so nice having the ice cold water drip all over us...haha, I'm not used to the Utah heat :)



Cindy and I hiking up the very STEEP mountain to see Timpanago Cave. 1230 feet increase in elevation in 1.5 miles of trail. Kind of very tiring at 6500 feet elevation for me who is used to an elevation of about 10 feet!


We made it up, I guess? 


Cindy and her husband, Jordan, by the entry into the cave 


 Stalagtites and a blurry man in the cave.






View of the valley from the trail...we had a long way to go back down...

Now it is time for me to go home and get back to reality! It was really nice to take a 3 week break after that crazy school year, and I'm glad I got to see my sister and my best friend all in one month! Time to get home and get back to work with me real life :)

1 comment:

  1. so much fun! Im so happy we did that cave hike even though I am extra sore today :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)