Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to school, back to school...

My long lasting summer is finally ending and it's time for me to continue on my 412 year plan to finishing school! This impacted nursing program dilemma in California can be VERY annoying, but luckily, this semester I have some pretty easy classes and hopefully it can end with a 4.0 to get my competition level up! :) I'm taking two upper division Spanish classes to finish up my minor, a psychology class and a statistics for nursing research class...doesn't sound too bad at all :) In fact, one of my Spanish teachers is giving us a challenge test this Thursday, and if we score a B or an A on the test, we can accept that as our final grade and never come back to class! That would be perfect for leaving me time to actually work and make money this semester at my new job working for the Kuhn family at Oceanside Transmission! Being a nanny for 4 years was nice, and it had it's fun moments, but working with people closer to my mental age is definitely a nice treat, haha :) This summer was great, and now it's time to get back to homework, studying, and applications all over again! I'm applying to a few Cal State schools such as San Bernardino, Stanislaus, East Bay, Bakersfield, and my own school, San Marcos, but from what it looks like with these state schools and nursing programs, that may not be as realistic. So, I am branching out and looking at a couple private schools in the area like Azusa Pacific and Loma Linda Universities. Azusa's program sounds great and they offer one that is accelerated and finishes in 2 years instead of the normal 3, and I would really love to get this ball rolling as soon as possible! We'll see how this all lays out pretty soon here!

4 comments:

  1. oh my goshhhhh Jordan is applying to Loma Linda too, we could be neighbors ahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the medical school, not the nursing school haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh whaaaat?! He is?! for Fall 2012! That sounds like a deal to me! Come live by meeee, I miss you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha not until fall of 2013 bc I am graduating in april of 2013. oo that would be so fuun. lets do it!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)