Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Finally, I have found my Nursing School!!

I can't believe it finally happened! A nursing school that will accept me!! I've been working as hard as I can, and have honestly felt pretty discouraged getting turned down by all these places that I thought I was eligible for, but my exhausting hunt is over and I have found a GREAT school that is exactly everything I hoped for! Of course, it IS going to be hard, but I'm already accustomed to that so I think I can manage :)

The school is called West Coast University, and the location I hope to go to is in Anaheim, California. (Literally RIGHT across the street from Disneyland...not that I will have one ounce of time to even think about taking a glance over there). This program sounds really great though, starting off with all the classes and units I can transfer over, my total time in nursing school will only be 1 year and 2 months versus the usual 3 years at the state/other private schools I was looking at. This means everything is going to be accelerated and I will have very little time to come up for air, and it probably will get ugly, BUT luckily, I'm very excited about eveything I have and will learn and can't wait to get my degree and license and start working in the field I love!

Now it's time to start transferring my credits and figuring out a good loan situation and then I'm off! After I finish my Spanish minor next semester, of course. :) I'm so relieved and excited!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh im so happy/proud/excited for you!!!!!! Yayy! That sounds AWESOME! no more 3 years of nursing school! You will be done and making money so soon! What do you mean the location you hope to go to? Are there more locations? Where at? Yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I still can't believe it! I'm so happy, even though it's going to completely DESTROY me! Haha, but I'd rather do that and work harder than I could ever imagine for 14 month than draw this while thing out three years! Now I can get my Master's sooner and work for real! :) If you know any good loans/scholarships though, let me know! There's no way I can muster up thiiiis much money :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)