Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm back! (To school and the blog)

(I do it for you, Cynthia Christine!) Who so enthusiastically insists that I keep up with this blog :)

It's hard to keep posting, as a PRE-nursing student, I lead a pretty boring life during the semester...homework, eat, sleep, work and the occasional special night of going out to a restaurant or something for a couple hours with my friends who are just as boring as me during this time of the year. Hopefully, this Spring semester will be my last as a pre-nursing student and I will finally become a REAL nursing student! I'm taking 16 units this semester, the most I've ever taken, so I can raise my GPA enough to give me more points on my application. Yes, I must get A's to do this, but I refuse to earn any other grade so hopefully it will work out.

 I'm taking Sociology, a simple Math class to replace my college algebra grade to an A, and 3 Spanish classes to finish my minor. Two literature (one composition and one analysis) and one internship in a clinic speaking Spanish. I'm really excited about the internship because I get credit for both the 40 hours I need to get for my Spanish class, and I get two points for my application if I do another 100 hours at this clinic before summer. This will really help me with my medical terminology in Spanish, which I really need to practice. After all, I took all these Spanish classes to speak to patients!

Nursing application deadlines are coming up soon...so in a few months, we'll see what my new options are.
I know my last blog said that I had found a nursing school, but even after I submit my 3 years of education, they want me to pay $90,000 to take their pre-requisites and nursing courses. Although it would be nice to have a license in 14-months, if I were able to afford such an expensive school, I would be suffering away waiting for Nursing school! (Haha, maybe medical school would be more logical in that situation.)

Here's a list of the school I have/will apply too:
-CSU San Marcos
-CSU San Bernardino
-CSU Stanislaus
-CSU Bakersfield
-University Nevada Las Vegas
-West Oregon University
-NAU
National University Rancho Bernardo

Let the games begin...again.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! I love knowing what you are up to.. Maybe I should talk about school sometimes bc no one knows what classes I am taking besides me hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to UNLV!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)