Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Day Trip to the US Embassy in Madrid

I knew it was going to happen to one of us...my friend Drew lost his passport in Barcelona and he realized it when our plane was about to leave to go back home from Barcelona. He ended up needing to go back to Madrid to go to the Embassy and get an emergency passport so he's not stuck in Spain for the rest of his life. I ended up going with him because my professors really don't seem to care at all and they highly support all my travels, even if we are just taking a day trip to the Embassy! (It was definitely a nice way to break up the school week...insert a weekend day on Wednesday, perfecto!)


Cool walls painted in Plaza Mayor

Just a cute little old man :)

Plaza Mayor


My token old people sitting on a bench...if only you knew how many times I've tried to get pictures like these...

Bathroom light

Mercado de San Miguel. The fanciest/nicest market I've been to in Spain


chupito machine?




mini hot dog tapas!

mannequin on balcony :/

mythical art shop


Quote from my professor: "The ugliest Cathedral in all of Spain"...yeah, I wish we had buildings this cool at home, crazy.

Palacio Real, over 3000 rooms!


Apparently headless people like to walk around the plazas in Madrid on Wednesday afternoons

He saw me take a picture of him and forced me to pay, so I demanded a better one

Palacio Real and the gardens behind it



Temple de Debod. In the 1960's the Egyptians gave this 2200 year-old temple to Spain as a gift for their support in rescuing temples in Nubia

Don Quixote and Sancho

My first Mexican restaurant experience in Spain

Nothing is really spicy here, but those salsas were DELICIOUS!

Favorite bar counter top by far. I wish I could describe how funny some of these drawings are


Wall art.

Just another day riding on the Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)