Monday, July 16, 2012

Back to Reality

The first thing I did when I got home to Carlsbad was go to the beach! The one thing I missed more than anything! :)  There was also quite a long list of foods I missed from home too, but that was easy to get through pretty quickly.

And of course, I rocked the Universidad de Valladolid sweatshirt 

When I came home, Dalton had discovered there were a lot of foods that weren't working so well with his body. So he was on a new gluten-fee, lactose-free, soy-free, and MSG-free eating diet. I missed being able to cook at home (even though my host mom cooked me delicious home cooked food for every meal), so I started cooking MSG-free food for both of us quite a bit the first week I was back. It seems like he can't eat ANYTHING, but there are a lot more options than you would think! And it all still tastes good!

Steak, fried eggs, rice and beans 

Fajitas 

Home-made burgers and salad with balsamic dressing

gluten-free pancakes, eggs and meat


Steak and bell pepper omelet with potatoes and bacon


Another thing I couldn't wait for was to see my friends again! It was perfect timing because some of them were about to go back up to school for the rest of summer, so I caught them just in time :)

Courtney, Gina, Lindsey and me at our black light party at DJayce's house ;)

 The next morning, we hung out by his pool and had a BBQ.

I made a trip to the Del Mar Fair on the second to last day (also the second-busiest day of the year) with my friend I travelled through Spain with, Drew. He'd never been to the fair before so it was fun showing him all the fair traditions: weird fried food, rides, exhibits, music...

The picture of a cat that I'm pointing at is McKenzie's 3rd place photo project...wooo! :D

 Luckily, right when I got back, I got in contact with a lady I used to house/dog sit for and she needed me for about a week after I got back! Watching this little guy for $200 by the beach is a perfect way to start paying off my debt from Europe! :D

A couple days after being back and resting, I also started working at Dalton's parents' shop, Oceanside Transmission again. I had to stop working during last semester because I was taking a lot of units and volunteer hours to make my last stab at getting into nursing school! It took me a little while to get back into the swing of things, but I'll get used to it soon enough again. I'm hoping I can find time during next semester to start work again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)