Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Last Trip to Madrid

Before Drew and I began our journey, I left my luggage at my dad's friend's house in Madrid. About a 45 minute trip on metro/foot from the airport. It was definitely worth it to not cary my 70lbs suitcase all around Europe! I may have brought home too much olive oil... :)

We were so grateful that Roger let us use his place as a pit stop and storage place! 




 I got back to his place in the afternoon, changed and went to the market for some food for the last 48 hours in Europe. 

I am proud to say, that after all this time in Europe, I am now a bocadillo queen! ;)

When I came home, Roger was there and he was more than hospitable! One thing that was great about all the Spanish people I had met in those past 6 weeks. He told me how he had travelled abroad a lot and he understands what it is like to be alone in a foreign country. He had met such nice people in the places he travelled, he wanted to pass it forward to me.

So, he offered to make me one last traditional Spanish dinner. And I won't lie, that was exactly what I needed! Being back in Madrid was almost like being back home again with all the foods, systems, and languages I was familiar with. This was definitely a comfort meal for me, AND it was delicious!

He made the most traditional Spanish dish: tortilla espaƱola with balsamic salad, white asparagus, tomato bread, Spanish meats, and wine. Some of my favorite things I have eaten while visiting Spain! 


He wanted to take a picture together to send my dad some "peace of mind" that I was indeed STILL alive in Europe ;)

He also called me a taxi to pick me up at 5am to take me to the airport and gave me all his contact information so he could be sure that I was okay once I arrived in Paris.

This was my last flight before I was OFFICIALLY on my way home. And the last time I was going to be in my home-away-from-home: Spain. I miss it so much already! But I will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)