Monday, July 16, 2012

NURSING SCHOOL!!

On July 2nd at about 11:20am, I was babysitting the kids of a friend and anxiously awaiting a call from the Cal State San Marcos Nursing School because it was the last day for them to send out the acceptance calls or rejection emails. Every time I heard my phone ring, my heart would start to race hoping it was the call from the Nursing advisors!

My friend from my math class called me (who also applied to the program) and she told me she had just gotten the call! I knew they had about 40 other people to call so this made me even more nervous. Just about when I decided I wouldn't be getting a call for a while because I had 13 less points than my friend and they have a long way down the list to go, my phone rang and it was the school!

I GOT INTO THE CAL STATE SAN MARCOS NURSING PROGRAM!
I'm officially a nursing student in Cohort 8 at CSUSM!!

It was SUCH a relief to hear my advisor's voice on the other end of that phone, I worked way too hard this last semester, taking 20.5 units of school and 140 hours of volunteer work at the hospital and the Red Cross. This moved my points up a whole 10 points and that was JUST enough to get me into the program! I can't wait to start to learn the things I've been waiting for all along at a school with such a good reputation!


But it's going to get expensive :/ 


When I came home from babysitting, Mckenzie and her mom had gotten me a DELICIOUS congratulations cake form the Danish Bakery. Unfortunately, before I could see how pretty it was, Shadow, our giant Great Dane puppy had demolished the box...but it still tasted good!

All around, I'd say that day was a pretty good day

I GOT INTO NURSING SCHOOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)