Monday, July 16, 2012

Snorkeling with the Norsharks

Yesterday morning we got picked up by a little Guatemalan, name Tito, in his boat to go snorkeling around the barrier reef for McKenzie's 18th birthday.

We took pictures on the underwater camera of all the fish in the reef...but we have to actually get the pictures developed before I can see them.

After the barrier reef, we went over to Shark Ray reef to go swimming with sharks!


Just a bunch of Norsharks swarming our boat...

Mac, Grant and me snorkeling looking for some Norsharks 

 
Felt like sandpaper!

6-8 feet long!

We were in the water for about 20 minutes and then it seemed like all the sharks disappeared, so we started swimming towards the boat. Tito starting yelling something at us and apparently a group of sharks starting going towards Mac and I thinking we were chum for them to eat! Mac jumped in the boat quicker than I've seen anything move in my life and I had to kick a few in the face so they wouldn't accidentally bite me :/ Apparently Norsharks don't have the best eyes...or noses!



Shark attack hair :)

Mac's dad and uncle stayed back from snorkeling because they got sea sick easily. When we got back, they had a mini surprise party for her at the condo.


Later that night, we went out to dinner at a Caribbean restaurant called Red Ginger to celebrate.

Flaming Cheesecake 

My delicious dinner :) 

A very well decorated birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)