Friday, April 5, 2013

Reminiscing of Europe

This Spring Break has been a nice break from school, but not so much from the studying and homework. Even though I've been working my butt off REAL hard this entire semester, I am still so behind and have so much to catch up on in these last 5 weeks of school.

Yikes...5 weeks...

Anyway, today while I was working on some projects for school, I couldn't help but keep thinking about my study abroad in Spain. I think about it A LOT! I am still so grateful that I got the opportunity to go when and where I did. It was perfect timing. I met a great group of people and saw amazing things on a daily basis.

It's really a hard feeling to describe...feeling in awe and just SO happy to be where you are and doing what you're doing. Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a happy person and love where I'm taking my life...but being in the nursing school grind is not really an incredibly "awe inspiring" lifestyle.

Looking back, I realize how much happiness and gratefulness can really have a major effect on my life and health. My skin was flawless. My stomach problems were gone. No allergies. I know it's part of the "Spain thing" to eat healthy, but it was beyond that.

It's a great reminder for me to remember to take my life where I want to take it. Do what I want to do and what makes me happy. I worked SO HARD to get into this program, and have gotten to a point where I almost hate what it's doing to me because I am SO stressed and SO busy all the time. I feel like I've isolated myself from my friends and family...which I hate. But to remember how badly I wanted to get it, I keep the print out of the one TEAS test score that got me in. It gave me the 4 extra points to make the cut off from the previous year I didn't get it. I have it hanging on my bulletin board as an occasional remind that I WANT THIS!

2 more years and I am done. I can take a break and go back out and see the world! I can't wait to work per diem and take weeks off at the time to go explore the rest of the world.

I will REALLY need some soul feeding after this program.

I'm glad I have the memories of Spain to keep my head up and not get bogged down by the negative side effects that this program has on me.

Haha I'm a free spirit, I wasn't made for this prison! ;)





I miss you EspaƱa!!

4 comments:

  1. I've devoted 4 years of whats considered to be the "best years of my life" to the military. Just signed on another 3. Believe me their are days I lived a normal kids life. With less stress and responsibilty on my shoulders. But when you have a goal, it requires sacrafice. And when you take a step back and look at the big picture...whats 7 years of stress, compared to the rest of my life, if i can come out and say, "I did something." Same for you, finish those two years. After that, every vacation, every walk on the beach, every visit with family, will be better tenfold. Every delish meal you make, will have never tasted better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE! Just keep swimming! It'll be worth it...haha sometimes it just needs to be said out loud or written out to really get my brain to accept that. Whatever it takes, I guess! :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more! I constantly think about our study abroad in Brazil and just remember how simpler life seemed at that time. I also think back about how clear my skin was then too..is that weird? We both thought the same thing! I guess when you are stress free and just enjoying life, all your hormones are balanced and what not! School makes my skin crazy sometimes booo! But imagine if you can work as a nurse in a foreign country and have your simpler life style and good eatin. That'd be so cooL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who has skin problems during school! Every since nursing school, including pre-reqs, it's SO ANNOYING! It's like you can gauge the amount of sucky-ness in my life by looking at the quality of my skin. Kinda spotty with random bad breakouts during my pre-reqs, a little better during my year of waiting to get into nursing school, PERFECTLY clear over summer and study abroad, it gradually came back during semester 1 of nursing school, it got better over winter break but not perfect because I had winter class, and this semester, my skin is basically disgusting. Which would make perfect sense because this is the hardest semester of my life. I am dyyying. I hate it. But 5 more week until another wonderful summer!

      Haha I can't wait to graduate and do cool foreign things with my degree. I'm probably gunna end up working per diem while I pay off my loans and take a month off a time every now and again and TRAVEL!! Then once I get myself a little collection of money, I'm gunna explore the world, nursing style! Haha or at least this is what I've been day dreaming about all day....

      Delete

What do you think? :)