Thursday, April 11, 2013

Simulation Lab

This week, we had our first simulation lab in clinical. We meet at the school instead of the hospital and we get to simulate a real-life scenario with the robot dummy we have at school. I thought this was really cool, and a great learning experience! We were videotaped and the rest of the students got to watch the live feed from the other room, so we got to learn from what they did right and wrong. Each time a new student went in, was like "shift change" so we all had the same patient as if the day were going on in fast forward. I'm really glad they changed the way they did this...before, the students who hadn't gone yet had to wait in another room that doesn't watch the live feed, and I feel like that would just hinder the learning. 

I was a little nervous going into it, until I found out that it was an ungraded activity, so all the stress was off my shoulders and I just got to play nurse for 15 minutes without someone over my shoulder watching my every move. Although, that would be important in the real life, of course...but I think the dummy could handle a little error or two ;)

We got to school at 8:00am that day and later found out that our sim appointment was not until 1:00pm -_-

After we all did our patient teaching presentations (EASY. I could talk for DAYS about nutrition to a patient, haha), we had 3 hours to kill. Michelle, Gina and I decided we were sick of studying and decided to go kill our antsy-ness at the Discovery Lake across the street from campus and climb half of Double Peak...in our scrubs.

Haha, yes. We looked like losers. But it was better than sitting in a classroom all day telling myself I SHOULD be studying or doing something productive for school ;)

Discovery Lake...so pretty, yet so nasty on the inside, haha

Gina and Michelle


White shoes for uniform are overrated. Nike rebels. My knees and back thank me!
Haha, love my nursing twin, Michelle :)

Bahaha...wildobeasts

1 comment:

What do you think? :)