Saturday, May 26, 2012

The First Friday Night in Valladolid

This Friday night was our first in Valladolid, and it is known to have people everywhere! Fiestas, events, and parties in plazas...My morning class got cancelled so i FINALLY got to sleep in for my first time while I was here. And let me just say, that was very nice!!

 During the afternoon, we pretty much just roamed the city looking at shops and such. Even the little shopping mall strips are awesome...oh, Spain!


We stopped at a churrería and got some (too many) delicious churros for under 3€. Deal and a steal!

Oh yeah, and I found LACTOSE-FREE ice cream! Yayyy! My lactose intolerant belly was very happy! Made deliciously out of rice milk!


When we all split up to go eat dinner out at home with our host families, the road I usually take had a fire truck and police in it and I had no idea what they were doing. Then I went to my back-up street and things started exploding and there was smoke everywhere! So, I obviously decided to find a new route home that took me much longer. Haha I later found out that was just the crazy gypsies doing a show near Plaza España..I think, haha. Culture shock?

 On the way back to Plaza Mayor after dinner there were a bunch of really entertaining live bands playing on the sidewalks outside bars. This band was singing American music: "What I Like About You" by the Romantics...haha some words were definitely said incorrectly, but it's okay because they were awesome :)


 Evan...ruining every picture of course ;)


After watching the Barcelona fútbol game at the bar (of course, the only place we can all watch it together), we headed out to explore some Valladolidian night life. There were SO many people out and it was awesome. Kids, babies dogs, people performing random stunts on the side of the streets, people eating...it was really cool to see everyone out at such an hour. We found a tasty bocadillo (sandwich) place that stays open until 4-5am everyday! Not that I would ever be out that late and looking for a bocadillo here, but almost everywhere quick and easy closes 8-10! And it was darn good!

Later, we went to a discoteca that one of our friend's knew the manager. Crazy how you find random people connected in these tiny towns all over the world! I think they played a few songs because us Americans were swarmed their discoteca, but I do think they like themselves some American music here anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)