Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One of Two Paths for Fall 2012

So, today I got to register for classes. I have 92 units after this semester so I finally get priority registration (but of course I got the LAST day of priority registration...typical). When I came home from class today, I was very anxious to sign up, because I'm used to fighting to brutal death for my class. Haha, now I must remember that I am a Spanish Major, (until I get my acceptance/rejection letter back from the school of nursing!) and those classes don't go nearly as quickly as my usual science class do, thank goodness. I only had to wait list two classes this semester, yay! :)

Here's my Fall semester if I don't get into the program:


Not TOO bad for a set up. I've never had all my classes start this late AND I've never not had class on Friday since my Freshman year, yay! But my head is definitely going to hurt from this much of the Spanish language every day. I haven't even learning this much about my native language! :/ I always thought that bilingualism was going to be easier for me, but this is HARD! I understand, but I have to work extra hard on everything to get it right and to get an A (because I refuse to get anything lower). 

I really hope Spain will help the fluidity of my speaking and enhance my listening. If I zone out in English, the words are still there in my brain somewhere, I just have to find them, But if I zone out in Spanish, haha I'm doomed. I really want to acquire that naturally ability to flow through both if I wanted to. I've been waiting so long for it!

On another note, my new computer case came in the mail yesterday, thankfully bought by insurance


It's not as good of quality as my old one was, but this one was on sale and I figure my computer stays in my padded backpack most of the time anyway! :)

Now it's time to pound through some papers before my shift at Tri-City today. I have 174 hours...so close to 200! Analytical essay about a hispanic prose fiction short story and a review of a movie...all in Spanish.
-__-

I wonder how long this would take me if I could just write in English this one time. I need all the TEAS study time I can get! I am determined to get that 94% (I'm at 88.3% right now). What's nice is today is the ICU shift..that's my homework time with few interruptions for people who want to visit patients :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)