Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Big Bear Lake

Because of the weird schedule of my nursing classes, Tuesday afternoon through Thursday morning has become my new "weekend". My friend Eric has a time share on Big Bear lake where him and his family go fishing for a week every fall. Once again, I was in desperate need of an escape from school, so I made the quick 2 hour drive up the mount to spend 2.5 days up there watching them fish on the lake with all the cute old people :) 

It was perfect timing because it was right before it got too freezing cold on the mountain, but it was still pretty and snow free! It was really peaceful up there...





Haha Eric won some prize for catching the 3 biggest fish for the week





In high school, I would go snowboarding almost every weekend in Big Bear... I haven't been coming as often recently because I have so much more school, and much less money! I forgot that there is the MOST delicious Mexican food place up in Big Bear. We grabbed some to-go and I don't remember the last time I ate something that delicious! MMMM!! I can't wait to go back this winter! :)


 Beautiful sunrise before driving back home to San Marcos to go to school...

The closest thing I got to seeing snow, was the frost on my windshield! Haha

2 comments:

  1. oh that seems so nice and relaxing. That's so fun you got to go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I got there and looked around and it was seriously probably one of the most calm places I've ever been. Haha perfect for what I needed for my "mid-week weekend" break! That Mexican place thought...I'm not exaggerating, I'm in love with it...I'll have to take you there something! Maybe when you live in California again we can make a Big Bear trip! ;) Haha like my wishful comments?

      Delete

What do you think? :)