Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Jayce's 21st Birthday

In the beginning of November, Jayce was the last of our friends to turn 21. Given that this is probably the last 21 birthday we would all celebrate together, Jayce made it a big celebration. He rented a party bus to drive us to dinner at the Ocean House in downtown Carlsbad, and then to downtown San Diego for some dancing

It was such a fun night. For the first time in a long time, ALL our friends were able to make it, so it was perfect :)


Birthday creme brûlée 








The next morning, a few of us went on a mini hike with our pups at Daley Ranch. It's just a mini mountain with a couple scattered ponds and lakes. It was a really pretty day out!


Aren't the puppies cuuuuute?! :)


 My friends really have been the best this semester. I have felt like such a LOSER having to say no to all the fun things they get to go do while I'm at home memorizing drugs and sterile procedures. They did make their best efforts to go out on nights where I could squeeze in a few hours of no studying, and alway inviting me anyway, even though I had to say no 80% of the time.

They were my saviors this semester. Because if I kept myself crammed in my room these past 3 months, there's no way I would be surviving nursing school right now!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you make time to go out and enjoy yourself. You need some breaks from all that studying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I try...it's hard when all I wanna do on my study breaks is sleep though!! Haha it took a lot of motivation to get my butt up and out of the house

      Delete
  2. Haha I try...it's hard when all I wanna do on my study breaks is sleep though!! Haha it took a lot of motivation to get my butt up and out of the house

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)