Tuesday, December 11, 2012

San Luis Obispo

During the end of September, I took a mini break before midterms to go visit my friends up in San Luis Obispo. Some of them have been living up there for 3 years, and I've never had the time to make it up there. It was SO PRETTY up there! I would love to live up there some day, for at least a little while. But it is super expensive! 5 of my friends are all sharing a house and their rent altogehter is close to $4,000/month. I guess housing is really scarce up there, so they can amp the prices as high as they want and people still have to pay.

My dad and Melissa have always talked about how much they love it up in SLO. Haha, they were so excited for me to go up there. They gave me a list of restaurants to go eat at and things to see. Melissa applied to transfer to Cal Poly SLO, and it is one of her top options (just under UC Berkley anyway). She's been working on her GE at Mira Costa, and has finally worked her butt off hard enough to transfer and finish her Literature degree! 

The downside to this is that this means my parents will be selling the house I grew up in! So I have until July to soak up all the "home" I can until it is gone forever!!


Having that little weekend away was really nice for me. This is when nursing school started getting overwhelming and it was perfect timing to have a weekend away with my friends. I missed my SLO friends!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had so many friends going to school up there. That's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they've been slowing moving up over the years. Everyone just loves it up there. My parents are obsessed! I kinda hope Melissa choses SLO over Berkley (but I know she'll get into both...who would choose SLO over Berkley) because I would love to go up there and visit them all the time!! Oh well, we find out sooooon!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)