Wednesday, December 12, 2012

'Tis the Season...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And I'm loving it! I've been so overwhelmed with school, that I haven't really gotten a chance to take a look around, but it's definitely the holiday season now!

McKenzie bought me this hat at some house party sale...

And I later discovered that it is originally from Sprout's...haha, makes me love it even more!

 My favorite part...the Christmas lights!! :D
 There is this crazy old man in San Marcos (and by crazy, I mostly mean awesome) who, for 14 years now, has been having this crazy display of lights in his front yard. He starts October 1st and has everything ready by December where he keeps the lights on nightly until 9pm for families to come swarm his yard and admire his madness. He really is a sweet old man, but he must be crazy to do this much work EVERY year! And he never lets anyone down...

Right down the street (the competition), this family turns their giant maple? tree into a giant Christmas tree! It must be at least 60-70 feet tall. I have no idea how they do it. But I love it! I love driving through neighborhoods and looking at Christmas lights, even though not everywhere has as awesome of decorations as these two house.

I miss when my dad would drive all of us kids around the neighborhood to look at lights while we eat popcorn in our Christmas jammies, listening to Christmas music. Maybe I can convince him this year ;)

It's also time to start indulging in my new waffle maker. We've make waffles one time since I got it at Black Friday (and tried to make brownie waffles a second time...that wasn't as pretty).

Ignore the weird looking things I call sausage...the photoshop did something really weird with them in this picture and they look disgusting. Haha, I promise they weren't as bad as they look! 

I was babysitting my cousins last week and came across this awesome picture of my step-mom and aunts. We're having an ugly sweater Christmas party this week...think she'll let me borrow her sweater ;)

My next favorite thing is this new thing Dalton let me try for this semester. I called it going Christmas tree therapy-ing. During finals week, I was even more completely overwhelmed and wanting to give up. We have no money for a Christmas tree, and nowhere to put it anyway, we still bundled up and he still took me Christmas tree shopping (2 times!) so I could look around and let the Christmas energy flow! We bought colorful twinkling lights to put in the room. Still nowhere to really put it, so I just hung it on my fallen painting and lamp


See? Still pretty in my disaster of a neglected room ;) I think they call this nursing student problems...


2 comments:

  1. Are trees expensive in california? We bought ours for only 19 and it's about 5 ft.. That's really nice of him to take you "christmas tree shopping" without buying a tree hehe. You are cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how much they are, really. The only reference I have is Costco and where the Kuhns go to get there tree...which is some extremely over priced lot by the Krikorian, but it's a family tradition for them to go there, so they keep going. but there tree always seems to be over $100. When Dalton and I went to Costco a couple weeks ago, we found BEAUTIFUL 8 foot trees (wayyyyy prettier than the ones at that lot in Vista) for $40. And they're seriously gorgeous trees. They didn't have prices shown when we went...but i'm curious. If there's a cheap little one maybe we can get it! :D

      Delete

What do you think? :)