Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gotye at Nokia Theater

Last Thursday I went to the Gotye concert with a couple of my friends from the pre-nursing science classes at the Nokia Theater in LA right next to the Staples Center. 2 of the made it into the program that I made it into, and it's always bittersweet hearing about all their nursing school adventures :/ Oh well, at least I have a few friends to give me some hints on how to do well :) 

Before the concert, we went to Venice Beach which was about 20 minutes away from the concert. I absolutely LOVE Venice Beach. I love how there are street vendors, hippies, homeless entertainers and every other strange attraction on the walk right next to the beach. We didn't have much time to hang out there before the concert started because of traffic, but we did get to eat at this cool little bar shack right on the beach. One of the best non-homemade burgers I have ever had! We got yelled at by a bum who played piano for everyone at the restaurant because no one tipped him as much as he asked for. Sorry sir, I have not one bit of change to spend on any one right now, I spent my last bit of cash on a trip to Spain! The only reason I went to this concert was because we bought tickets a while ago.




After Venice, we got lost in LA. We ended up being late for the concert, but only missed the opening band who was reported to be nothing special. Oh well! We had great seats in the front above the floor seats at although he didn't play many songs (and I only now 2 or 3), he was really good! It wasn't wasn't the usual concert where the band puts on a show, it was more of him casually doing whatever he wants up there like he's just at a rehearsal with his friends, but still played great!







2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to venice beach.. i wanna go lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd love it! That's something to put on the to-do list for when you come home! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)