Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Visiting Cindy in Utah

I know this was a while ago, but I still think it's important to share :) At the very end of February, I drove up to Utah with Cindy's family to visit her for the weekend. Although we were in Provo for only 3 days, I'm still so happy I got to go visit my best friend. I miss her so much all the time, and any opportunity I get to see her, I will take it! I have my fingers quadruple crossed that Jordan gets into medical school in California so I can drive up and see my favorite Guillorys any time I want!


When we first got into Utah, I was SO excited to see snow everywhere! I know they haven't gotten much this season, but I just love seeing snow for the first time in the year :) I wasn't able to make it up to the mountains this year like I usually do to go snow boarding, so this was nice!



That night, Cindy made clam chowder and bought soup bowls for dinner. It smelled so good, but of course, I'm allergic to shellfish. So Cindy took me down the street to pick up soup from Zupa's and got salad for the family too to top of dinner.


We went to campus with her for her class and walked around and explored. Afterwards, we hung out all morning watching TV, resting, and catching up. Then that night, we went to the dollar theater, my FAVORITE thing in Utah and saw the movie "In Time", which was actually pretty cool!

The next night, we went to a steakhouse to celebrate Cindy and Kaylee's birthdays. The place was packed!





Afterwards, we went bowling and I lost miserably! Haha, bowling is definitely not my thing. Some nights I get lucky, but most times I don't Cindy and Jordan did really well though!


Our last night there, we went to a BYU basketball game. My University is fairly new so it is still kinda tiny and so we don't have any major sport activities. So this was almost a culture shock for me! But it was really fun! Everyone was so energetic, especially because one of their old favorite players, Jimmer, was there visiting.

After the game, we went to get hot dogs at this place called J Doggs that was started by a couple of college kids trying to make money. And now they have two restaurants in the town! I really do not like hot dogs all that much, but these were delicious!

After dinner, we piled up in the car and started our drive back home to California. It was a short 3 days, but it was still fun! I can't wait for the next chance I get to see her again!

2 comments:

  1. i loved having you here! I know you're going to be crazy busy now this summer, but if you get a chance you should still come visit me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL make the time to visit you! You'll be back when I'm all done traveling too, so it will be perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)