Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ocotillo Wells

This weekend, a few of my friends and I went to meet some friends out in the desert for a night trip. It is getting REALLY hot out there now, and there was almost no one out there since it was so hot durin the day. We got there close to sun down, so we missed the heat thankfully. I usually get to go out with them multiple times throughout the season, but school has completely owned my life this semester.

Although the total trip was 14 hours, it was nice to take a mini trip out with some of my favorite people and sleep in a tent crammed with 5 of us :) Luckily, we were able to leave before the intense heat hit the desert, which I hate!

Now that I have 3 weeks left in the semester, it's time to start hitting the books HARD again. I've completed a good majority of all the end of the semester papers and projects and now I absolutely have to focus on getting a higher grade in my TEAS. For very 2% I go up, I get 1 more point on my nursing application. And although I'm still clearly in the competition for points cut-off, I still could use any last point I can get.

Just over 3 more weeks of non-stop work and I'm off to Spain!!! :D

This is our usual camping spot with everyone, right on the county line in-between San Diego and Imperial County. This time is was only about 15 of us and we slept either in the back of a truck or in a tent. This many people would NOT make a trip to the baking desert right now! :)

3 comments:

  1. ooo i have good memories of that place :) glad you had fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh also, what major did you say youre graduating with in a year? is it spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Spanish. 27 more units and I can graduate!! Wooo!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)