Thursday, April 5, 2012

Study Abroad in Valladolid, Spain

I AM SO EXCITED!! I have been waiting for this opportunity forever! Every year I have looked into it, but have never had the money available when I needed it! So I assumed I would never have the chance. But yesterday, I was going through my emails and I saw that it was the LAST CHANCE to sign up for the study abroad in Spain. They were having an informational meeting right before my next class, so I went since it was right next door to my class. Before that, I added up my tax return money and the money I would save if I ended up not going to National University and found a cheap discount ticket to Madrid. All the numbers added up, so I had to make sure I was able to still sign up!

Valladolid is this pretty secluded town about 2 hours away from Madrid. They're sending us here so we can be completely immersed in the language, since almost no one speaks anything but Spanish in this city.



 Here are some pictures of the campus of the University of Valladolid. This school has been around since the 13th or 14th century, so I am incredibly excited to see all the amazing architecture and history it has to offer! I will be taking 6 units of Spanish courses during my 4 weeks there.




So, how this is going to work is I leave on May 19 and I am gone until June 16/17th (depending on what time my flight gets home). When I get there, one of my Spanish professors is meeting us at the airport in Madrid with a bus and is going to drive us to Valladolid to meet up with our host families. The trip includes all meals , room and board, and all the excursions that are planned for us. Apparently, a lot of the families do this because they get paid for feeding and housing us. So they know what they're doing!! Monday-Fridays we go to class from 9:30-11:30 and then 12-2 we go to class. Then the rest of the day is ours and we usually meet up with our professor and go do any activities that are planned for the day. I'll be taking 5-6 units over there that will all transfer back to Cal State San Marcos for my major in Spanish (I've officially decided to do a double major in Spanish and nursing! :/) In case I don't get into the generic 3-year program for Fall, my backup plan is to finish up the rest of my 7 classes for my Spanish major and once I have my Bachelor degree, I'm allowed to apply to the accelerated 20-month nursing program. I love the program they have at my school and I would really like to stay here to finish up the first part of my eduction. If I'm gunna do this the long way, I'm gunna make it FUN and go to Spain!!! I can not wait!!!

I just paid the deposit today ad the remainder of the fees will be turned in next Friday, so after I buy my plane ticket, I am good to go! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D



2 comments:

  1. that is why I want to go to spain.. the architecture is amazing!!!!! I didn't realize you left in May! For some reason I thought it was the same time as me. That is so soon! Better start getting ready :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah! I leave in 6.5 weeks! I have a lot of getting ready to do! And I must find a camera ...soon!!!! Can't be going to Spain without one of those! :)

      Delete

What do you think? :)